Jefferson Healthcare Rhody Run is a twelve (12) kilometer run/walk located in Port Townsend, Washington on the third Sunday of May in conjunction with the local Rhododendron Festival. The run has been in existence since 1979. Approximately 2,000+ attend the event each year.
The Rhody Run 12k Course
- The course distance is 12 K (7.46 miles).
- The Jefferson Healthcare Rhody Run is sanctioned by PAC Northwest and USATF.
- The course is USATF distance certified.
The Jefferson Healthcare Rhody Run starts and finishes at the same point and covers a loop through a rural area with views of mountains, woods, and the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The course consists of mixed flat, hills and roads and can be a demanding course. There are aid stations at miles 4 and 6. Splits are given at every mile. Projected finish times are given at miles 4, 5, and 6.
The 1/2 Rhody Run 6k Course
- 1/2 Rhody is approximately 6K (5.95 kilometer) run that begins/ends at beautiful Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend, WA
- This is the *2nd year *for the 1/2 Rhody 6K.
Water and Sanicans will be available at the 2.5, 4, and 6 mile marks. Aid stations will be available at the 4 & 6 mile marks.
Facebook Photo Galleries >
JH Rhody Run Route Profile
Driving, Ferry, and Parking Information
The Jefferson Healthcare Rhody Run is held at Fort Worden State Park located in Port Townsend, Washington. There is ample parking inside the park and the assembly area is a short distance away.
Port Townsend is on the northeast tip of the Olympic Peninsula, across Puget Sound from the Seattle area.